BLUE MERMAID BOUNTY BARS:
G.F, D.F, R.S.F, V, VG
1 cup coconut cream
3 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp coconut butter
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 tsp Daily Balance Powder (add more for desired colour).
1/2 cup nut butter
- For the bars, combine coconut cream, coconut butter, and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Once combined, add some blue spirulina and fold in the desiccated coconut.
- Once combined, press mixture down into a square baking tin lined with parchment paper.
- Spread an even layer of nut butter on top of the coconut base. (Note if the nut butter is too thick, heat in microwave until runny then smooth over).
- Place in freezer to set for 2-3 hours
- For the chocolate coating, whisk the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth
- Once set, cut the bars into logs and individually coat each bar with melted chocolate until fully covered with chocolate (Tip: use tongs or chop-sticks instead of fingers).
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also store them in the freezer, for up to 2 months! Defrost each bar before eating.