MINT BASIL PESTO PASTA
G.F, D.F, R.S.F, V, VG
Servings: 4 Bowls
2 cups packed basil, plus extra to garnish
2 cups packed mint, plus extra to garnish
1⁄2 cup packed chives
1⁄2 cup water
1 tsp mellow white or chickpea miso
3 small cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 tsp lemon zest
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp pure maple syrup or agave nectar
½ tsp freshly cracked pepper, plus extra for taste
½ tsp sea salt, plus extra for taste
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
8 large zucchini spiralled
1 cup frozen peas
fresh basil leaves
fresh mint leaves
- For the pesto, add the herbs, water, garlic, miso, lemon zest and juice, maple syrup (or agave), cracked pepper, sea salt, red pepper flakes and vinegar to a high speed blender. Blend. Push down sides with a spatula and blend again, this time drizzling with olive oil while processing until smooth. Set aside.
- Spiralize Zucchini and set aside. (note you can buy already spiralized Zucchini if you don’t want to have to do this yourself).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add frozen peas, cook for one minute, drain into a colander.
- Put the peas back into the pot, add the zucchini and Pesto to the same pot and toss for 1-2 minutes, until Zucchini noodles are tender-crisp (be careful not to overcook them otherwise they will become soggy).
- Serve hot in your Coconut Bowls or leave the pot in the fridge for a chilled pasta the next day. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh Basil and Mint Leaves.