G.F, D.F, R.S.F, V, VG
Servings: Makes 2 servings
1.5 cups pumpkin, chopped into cubes
2 stalks Lemongrass finely chopped
2 Tbsp coconut oil (could also use olive oil)
3 Cups carrots, peeled and diced
1 yellow onion, diced
5 inches fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
3 inches fresh turmeric, peeled and chopped
1 Litre organic Vegetable stock
1 Cup organic coconut milk
3 Tbsp hemp seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
* If you like additional ginger flavour, feel free to increase ginger by 2-3 inches
- Heat coconut oil over medium high heat in a medium stock pot. Add the carrots, pumpkin, onion, ginger, lemongrass and turmeric and sauté, stirring occasionally until onions are slightly translucent.
- After about 7 minutes of sautéing, add vegetable broth and simmer until carrots and pumpkin are fork tender (another 7-10 minutes).
- Carefully add mixture to blender (or use immersion blender). Add coconut milk and hemp seeds and puree until smooth.
- Divide into portions, store leftovers in the fridge in airtight containers for the following day the soup is on the menu.
- After serving in bowl, top with pumpkin seeds, coconut chips and a dash of paprika to taste. In addition for extra protein add 3-4 tablespoons of hemp seeds.
It’s a good idea to double or even triple the recipe if you would like leftovers to store in the fridge and freezer. This is a great option to grab when you are busy and don’t have time to make a meal.